Wooohooo! Another great week here in Paraguay!
Well to start off this past week we did not have any water. When I say no water I mean no water! We had to go downstairs to fill up bottles of water (2L) every morning! WEEEE!!!! The old-fashioned cup and boiling pot of water bathing method isnt one of my favorites but it gets the job done. My poor, smelly, stinky companion didnt want to do the method I chose so he just didnt bathe. I finally told him we need to go to the other missionaries apartment to bathe, not so that I could shower but so he could. YIKES! It was a like a green smelly fog was floating around his sockless feet at night, and his face seemed 100 times closer when talking to me with unbrushed decaying animal breath. I love the guy but its ugly when one doesnt bathe!
Other than that everything else is well. It is still pretty cold but the temperatures arent freezing like they were awhile ago. We are approaching spring this next month (August) and the members keep telling us that we are in for a fun ride this next summer! YEAH! I cant wait! I have learned to love the heat more than the cold. I hope that I will be able to bare the cold temperatures that Utah has, if not I might have to move somewhere warmer....Just kidding, no but really it will take some time to adjust.
All of our investigators are progressing well. We just have to get them to go to church! We had a few come yesterday but if we want to complete with some of our goals for this month we have to make sure that everyone is coming! EVERYONE! Other than that, everything is well! I love to hear about the crazy experiences that people say they have with the Holy Ghost! We have had some crazy stories of Satan attacking one investigator during the night from choking (which Im pretty sure is from his obesity issue and asthma) a lady saying that the Virgen Mary was trying to kill her swinging her roseary beeds around her neck, a member in Gospel Principles class ask why we dont drink wine for the Sacrament (she has 35+ years of membership in the Church and was trying to convince our investigators which didnt have a question about it) and plenty of other which is just a barrel of laughs. HEEEEHHEEEHHEEE!! You have to have a sense of humor! I dont think I have laughed or cried as much as I have out here! Funny!
Spiritual Thought!
I was reading in Enos and I love the way that he describes his change of heart and of attitude through the process of repentance. It says in verse 12
"And now after I had prayed and exterted with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: For your faith, I will consider your desires."
If we do all we can and it is just and noble the Lord will make up the rest. If we have any kind of problem first it calls for our part (our diligence and prayers and actions), and then it is the part of the Lord to "consider our desires". I know the Lord answers us when we do all we can to make it right! Just do it, and the Lord will help us understand the way He wants us to understand- simple. JUST DO IT!
Love you and hope you are happy and healthy!
¡Chao!
Elder Martinez